First Aid training for workers in the Childcare industry sector
Nautilus Training & Curriculum Pty Ltd provides a specialised First Aid training program to the Childcare industry sector, which satisfies the statutory requirements in Victoria for childcare workers to have appropriate First Aid training.
To discuss your First Aid requirements and options, contact Nautilus Training by phoning 03 5986 8887 during office hours or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nautilus Training specialises in creating simple, yet powerful, learning systems. In providing workplace-based training, Nautilus Training has developed a process of facilitated learning that makes use of highly informative, customised learning resources, together with practical hands-on applications and small group, face-to-face supports for learning. Whereas it may be common for First Aid training to be delivered to groups of twelve participants or more, in a traditional lecture or classroom setting, over (say) eight three-hour sessions, participants in Nautilus Training’s First Aid training programs are provided with the understandings and skills they need, through their interactions with the customised learning resources, which they can use to achieve competency, when and where it suits them – at work, at home and all places in between.
NT&C’s First Aid Training is:
- Delivered in your workplace or a venue of your choice. (Venue “costs are the responsibility of the participants.)
- Delivered via user-friendly learning resources, which you can use over and over again, to learn for the first time or to refresh your knowledge and skill.
- Delivered by training personnel, who are highly and currently experienced in your employment setting, fully qualified First Aiders and fully qualified trainers/assessors.
- Delivered at a time that suits your workload, including after work or on weekends.
- Delivered to a minimum group size of four participants.
- Designed to reflect and respond to the real context of the day-to-day operations of your specific workplace.
- Designed to allow you to spend as much or as little time as you need, in order to develop and verify your First Aid competence. (This keeps formal ‘class’ time to a minimum, particularly if you have completed training before.)
- Delivered at market competitive prices (Fees for Nationally Accredited Training do not attract GST).
Demand for First Aid training is always heavy, so avoid disappointment and book as early as possible.
To discuss your First Aid training needs or to book your sessions, please call Alice at Nautilus Training & Curriculum on 03 5986 8887 or e-mail email@example.com.
Legislated requirements for workgroups to include staff-members who have received First Aid training
WHS legislation requires all employers, so far as is reasonably practicable, to provide and maintain a working environment that is safe and without risks to health and to provide, so far as is reasonably practicable, adequate facilities for the welfare of employees at any workplace under the management and control of the employer.
The WHS regulations place a statutory duty on every Victorian employer to provide adequate facilities for the welfare of employees at any workplace under the employer’s control and to provide such information, instruction, training and supervision to employees as may be necessary to enable employees to perform their work in a manner that is safe and without risks to health. Adequate facilities for the welfare of employees at the workplace may include appropriate first aid facilities and equipment, and one or more suitably trained staff members.
The content of the training can be likened to the contents of an appropriate First Aid kit. There’s little use in including equipment for snake-bite envenomation, if there’s absolutely no risk of anyone’s ever being bitten. Customised training means a balance of broadly-based knowledge and skills with a focus on those things that can reasonably be expected to trigger a First Aid response, given the working environment.