Nautilus Training knows very well how important it is to keep students’ personal information confidential and secure, and therefore, will not allow access to anyone who is not entitled to see these records.
A student’s own records and all the information on those records at Nautilus Training is available to that student only and can be accessed by request in writing.
The organisation responsible for training in Victoria is Skills Victoria, a division of the Department of Education and Training. As the responsible organisation, Skills Victoria collects information about each student in a training course. Information about students is collected by Skills Victoria to allow analysis by gender, age and geographic distribution.
Neither Nautilus Training nor Skills Victoria is permitted to publish or allow any information to be made public, which might infringe upon the privacy of any individual undertaking a training or further education program.
Nautilus Training and Skills Victoria are subject to the Australian Privacy Principles, as expressed in Nautilus Training’s Policy for APP Compliance
The principles for Nautilus Training and Skills Victoria that protect the student’s privacy are:
– to collect only the information that is necessary,
– to be fair about the way in which the information is collected,
– to inform the student who is collecting the information and what will be done with it,
– where practicable, to collect private information from the student, in person,
– when collecting information about the student from somewhere else, when and wherever possible, to make sure the student knows that this has been done,
– to use, or to disclose, information only in ways that are consistent with the student’s expectations or that are required in the public interest,
– to ensure that the student’s information is accurate, when it is collect or used,
– to keep any information about the student safe, in secure storage and to prevent access to this information, without the student’s permission with the exception of the staff of Nautilus Training,
– to take steps to protect the student’s privacy, if the student agrees to someone else seeing his or her personal file,
– be open with the student about what kinds of personal information are kept,
– to correct the records if the student’s information is wrong,
– to limit the use of codes, numbers, identifiers that government agencies have given the student,
– if possible, to deal with the student anonymously at the student’s request, and
– to keep the collection of highly sensitive information about the student to a minimum.
In some circumstances, as a visitor to Nautilus Training & Curriculum Pty Ltds website, Nautilus Training & Curriculum Pty Ltd may ask for personal information from you, such as your name, e-mail address, company name, or telephone number. This information is used by Nautilus Training & Curriculum Pty Ltd to develop, research and provide improved services and validate the advice it obtains from industry. In addition, Nautilus Training & Curriculum Pty Ltd may use this information for other business purposes, such as to alerting people, who may have visited the website, to products, services and information that may assist, or be of interest to, them.
With reference to Nautilus Training & Curriculum Pty Ltds website, in general, anyone can visit the site, without divulging any personal information.
As a visitor to Nautilus Training & Curriculum Pty Ltds website, you always remain in control of any information you may choose to provide to Nautilus Training & Curriculum Pty Ltd.Nautilus Training & Curriculum Pty Ltd is interested in two types of information about visitors to our website and the people with whom we consult:
- personal information (such as name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, etc.), which you have voluntarily provided to us, and
- aggregate information (such as information about how many people log on to our website, the different sorts of information they are interested in, pages they access, etc.).
Nautilus Training & Curriculum Pty Ltd collects, maintains and uses personal information you may have voluntarily provided, in order to:
- contact you, including via email,
- respond to your comments or requests for information, or
- contact you if needed in the course of developing advice or responding to your request.
As part of its routine analysis of the use of this site, Nautilus Training & Curriculum Pty Ltd may also collect domain information. This information enables us to better understand the needs of the different sorts of visitors to our site, how often they visit, and what parts of the site they visit most often. This does not involve collecting any information about you, rather it finds out which parts of the website are most popular and how many people visit the site, etc.
Nautilus Training & Curriculum Pty Ltd uses this information to improve what it puts on its website. This information is collected automatically and requires no action on your part.
Nautilus Training & Curriculum Pty Ltd will not trade, sell or share any of your personal information for use by any business, without your consent, unless required by law or as disclosed to you when the information is obtained from you.
Any personal information you provide will generally be stored in Nautilus Training & Curriculum Pty Ltds database, which is maintained and located in Victoria, Australia.
From time to time, we may set up online surveys, which may ask you for contact information (such as your email address) and demographic information (for instance, your occupation). We may use data from such surveys to contact you. Demographic information may also be used to customise your experience at our site by showing content in which we think you may be interested, and displaying content according to your preferences.
Nautilus Training & Curriculum Pty Ltd takes steps to make all information received from you as secure as is reasonably practicable, against unauthorised access and use.
Nautilus Training & Curriculum Pty Ltd endeavours to keep any information, that we may have about you, complete, up-to-date, and accurate. You are invited to contact us in order to access your personal information and to notify us about errors.
Nautilus Training & Curriculum Pty Ltd is committed to working with you to obtain a fair and rapid resolution of any complaints or disputes about privacy.